Due to concerns about spread of COVID-19 infection in our state, Southdale Pediatrics has implemented the following changes:
- Well child checks and non-respiratory visits will be scheduled between 8 am-1pm each weekday. Respiratory sick visits, including fever, cough, and sore throat will be seen from 2 pm onward, including evening clinic. If your child has a well visit in the afternoon, you will be asked to reschedule and will receive a call from our office.
- If your child has fever, cough, or sore throat, PLEASE DO NOT WALK INTO OUR CLINIC. We have triage protocols in place so that patients who need to be evaluated by a provider can be seen
- If your child has fever, cough, or sore throat at the time of their well visit, please reschedule. We are aiming to keeping our healthy patients well at this time, especially our young infants and immunocompromised patients.
- We will be enforcing visitor restrictions so we ask that only one parent accompany a child to their appointment. Please leave siblings at home during this time.
- Bring your own book or toy to your appointment; we have removed books from our waiting room and exam rooms to minimize spread of germs.
- If you are interested in using our walk-in strep clinic for children 3+, we have changed our protocol and will offering drive-up testing by appointment only. Please call our office to schedule. DO NOT WALK IN.
- If you have questions about your child’s illness, please call our office or on-call nurse line if it is after hours. We are following recommendations from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health regarding triage of patients and need for appointments.
- We support the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation to continue with your child’s wellness visits and vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are open our normal business hours.