Why Is Your Office So Busy?
A number of things have changed since COVID-19…
- Birth rates have increased in both 2021 and 2022. There hasn’t been an increase since 2014. Many more new babies to care for!
- Daycares, schools, camps, etc. need notes anytime a child has a fever. This has drastically increased the number of appointments and phone calls.
- Everyone is playing catch up on vaccines and appointments need for school and sports.
- Anxiety and depression has increased by over 30% in patients of ALL AGES. The care, time and appointments needed by these kids has skyrocketed.
- RSV, influenza, strep and other viruses are at an all-time high – and started earlier this season.
IN OUR OFFICE:
- Precautions taken for the safety of our patients and staff take longer.
- HUGE increase in phone calls and portal messages to staff and providers due to more appointments needed, and more questions by families.
- Increased paperwork needing to be filled out for daycare and schools.
- Administering COVID and flu vaccines to already full schedules.
- Short staffed – our staff and providers (and their families!) get sick too! Sick providers can lead to less appointment availability.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED:
We are still here for you and your family!
But we need your help. Please bring patience and positivity to your appointment and phone calls.
Patience, understanding and a kind word goes a long way.